Monday, December 26, 2011

AFTER LONG BEING BLIND


After long being blind
Friends came to remind
Me of you
They don’t know my wound
And how I would
Ask my heart again
To refrain
From remembering you.

After I am used to forget
Against my consent
After I lost hope
And any scope
After patience became my mate
After I sank in an ugly fate
Only one word changed the game
Your name
And I am no more…. dead
Instead
I could see
What I missed all those years
Again my eyes have tears
Again my heart has fears
Then everything in me was awake
My compassion
My sympathy
Even my jealousy
My suspicion
My joy
My agony
Nights started to be longer
My heartbeats became stronger
Singing this everlasting chant
Nothing will keep us apart

Why they ask me to remember
When I never forgot
When you are in me, and all I’ve got
How can I forget my life?
Believe me
Life without you, Is no life.

Sami Cherkaoui

No comments:

Post a Comment